A pulse is an edible seed that grows in a pod. They are a good source of protein for vegetarians and are also very nutritional for meat-eaters.
They include the full range of beans, peas and lentils, e.g. :- baked … Continue
- Fresh fruit (i.e. Apple, Banana, Kiwi, Pear, Blueberries, Raspberries, etc)
- Fruit juice
Good ‘packed lunch’ type food.
The Food Doctor brand offers a pre-cooked organic quinoa in a re-sealable pack.
Add to your portion of quinoa, a … Continue
Short grain brown rice ready cooked is a versatile healthy food that can be cooked at the weekend, divided into portions and frozen for convenient ‘packed lunch’ options. You can mix it up with anything.
Mix the rice with any … Continue
Try this basic recipe and be inventive, changing or adding ingredients
- Fresh spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Mackerel in stips or Sardines
- Olive oil
- 1Tbsp Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend Organic
- Black olives
Wash the fresh … Continue
- Sliced red onion
- Chopped plum tomatoes
- Diced cucumber
- 1tbsp Udo’s Oil or
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chopped fresh parsley
Place finely sliced red onion in a bowl, add chopped plum tomatoes, diced cucumber and Greek olives.
Carefully drizzle … Continue
Makes Approx 8 small or 6 large burgers
- 2 Med-sized Fresh Wild /Organic Salmon Steaks or 400g Tin Wild Salmon (drained)
- (if fresh, steam for 10 mins on medium heat in 1/2 cup water & 2Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar)
Look out for added sugars in packaged varieties and avoid those. Often, shop-bought muesli tends to be rather chewy and tasteless or a total sugar-shock! If you really don’t want to make up your own, then look for an organic … Continue
Mix 50g organic wholegrain oats and 150ml milk in a stainless steel pot, put on a medium heat and stir while it heats up to bubbling, reduce heat to low keep stirring until the porridge bubbles slowly, cook for 5-8 … Continue
Organic Humus is widely available ready-to-go or make your own:
- 1 Can Organic Chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed
- ½ Jar Light Tahini
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic (depending on taste)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Optional: 1 peeled and